CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 21 April 2013

Spring Sunday

A few days ago I commented to a friend that I was amazed at how bare the trees still looked. Not a leaf bud in sight .
It then had me thinking about how clever nature is .
Obviously because we have had such a long winter here in the UK the plants have known not to bud and bloom until the temperatures warmed up.

Having said that it seems as tho nature could not control the birth of spring animals for example there have been many farmers that have had scores of  dead lambs because of the extreme weather.

But today as I am sat in bed and looking out of my window I can see the top of a neighbours tree and it is in bud. The wisteria in my garden is in bud the clematis have buds on them so hopefully soon my garden and the gardens around me will be vibrant with colour including the beautiful light green of the leaves.

It is easy just to watch these things happen and not give. A thought to their creator God.

Well for me it is God I appreciate that for some readers God is not real and I respect you for your belief.. But at this point I have to disagree. The timing of plants is not an accident it is timed to perfection.
I do know that if a magnolia tree comes into bloom and the next day a huge wind comes up and blows of the petals , it seems such a waste but it is not up to me to question it.

I do know that in my garden if implants one vegetables I can help them along with some fertiliser.I also know. Hat there is something called companion planting, this basically God created plants that actually help each other to grow one may keep bugs a way , for example planting marigolds amongst tomatoes prevents green fly ( I hope I have this one right).
In the same way God puts people together as companions not just in the sense of man and wife. I have a number of friends and they have all come into my life at different times for different reasons. Some are only for a short season others are for life.
One such person has just come into my life Charmaine , we had met at a ladies group but nothing more than hello I then messages her on Facebook and this last week I have spent a lot of time with her . Like my relationship with God We need to spend time getting to know each other.
Well but of a hotchpotch this week .



Genesis 2:8-9 (NIV)
 [9] The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.




1 comments:

Amrit Sinha

I didn't know about companion planting ... thanks for sharing !!!

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for visiting today. I would love to hear from you.