CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Tasty Tuesday


Oatmeal Apple Pancakes

It's been a while since I've share a recipe with you all. I guess I've been lazy a bit busy and haven't been cooking much. I shared a picture on my facebook page yesterday making these pancakes for the kiddos and I said I would share the recipe if they were good. Well, they're not the best but my kids ate them all up which means they really liked them! My son even asked me to make them again this morning. They are very easy to make and chances are you already have the ingredients! They are thicker and denser than most pancakes since they don't contain flour. I got the recipe from Whole Foods which you can find on their websitehere.  Honestly, I don't LOVE them but my kids do!
Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats 
1/2 cup applesauce 
1 egg 
2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for drizzling 
1 tablespoon butter
Combine oats, applesauce, egg and maple syrup in a blender and purée to make a smooth batter. 
Melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet to form each of five pancakes, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Cook, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and batter. 

1 comments:

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com

OH this looks so Good! :)

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for visiting today. I would love to hear from you.