CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 24 March 2013

Palm Sunday

Today is the day Christians remember the start of Jesus'  journey to the cross.
The journey that saw him ride into town on a donkey.
Such a simple  act of  great magnitude .
Can you imagine the queen of England riding to Windsor on a donkey?
But then Jesus was no ordinary king he was the king of king and the  lord of Lords.

This is not an overly spiritual posting, we all know what we believe and understand about this day and the start of Holy Week .


I will later today take time to reflect on that journey , what would Jesus have heard ,seen and smelt . Our senses tell us a lot about what surrounds us so tonight I want to try and reflect on what Jesus experienced .

1 comments:

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com

On Sunday I was driving through my little town past the local church and a donkey and Jesus were standing outside.
NO KIDDING :) The local Catholic church must have had some pageant and I drove by while Jesus and the donkey and the donkey owner were outside chatting as the donkey grazed on some grass. I got such a kick out of it as did other cars / we all honked and waved / loved it! A =

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for visiting today. I would love to hear from you.